Interstate Commerce Understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curios4Sure

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I was hoping to get some basic understanding of seller rights as it applies to online e-commerce sales.

I as do 100s of other business' sell on a very popular e-commerce trading site. The company that runs the site has recently begun handling returns without any representation from the sellers, the rightful owners of this merchandise. They are making the decision to return items, whether or not they have a valid reason for return. For example, a customer wants to return a ring, because it's the wrong size. The issue of course is not whether to return the item, however not allowing the sellers to have a say in the return. They then will purchase a return label and charge it back to us using a much more expensive return option than the items were originally sent.

The site has an online forum that sellers can use to communicate through and it was brought up (all be it very foolishly, in my opinion) that these practices may violate the Interstate Commerce laws.

I am hoping to get a better understanding of the rights that contracted sellers have as it regards to using available platforms to sell their merchandise.

I am hoping to get a better understanding of the rights that contracted sellers have as it regards to using available platforms to sell their merchandise.

To understand the firm's processes, ask the firm.

The horse's mouth is more informed than his derriere.

The site has an online forum that sellers can use to communicate through and it was brought up (all be it very foolishly, in my opinion) that these practices may violate the Interstate Commerce laws.

Then whoever brought it up knows nothing about the Interstate Commerce Act which regulates the transportation and freight industries and any other entity acting as a broker, shipper or shipper's agent or carrier.

eBay is none of those and is not subject to the Act.

When someone does business on eBay he/she agrees to be bound by eBay's rules and regulations. That agreement is called a contract. If he/she doesn't like the terms and conditions of eBay's contract he/she can choose not to do business on eBay.

It's that simple.

Then whoever brought it up knows nothing about the Interstate Commerce Act which regulates the transportation and freight industries and any other entity acting as a broker, shipper or shipper's agent or carrier.

When someone does business on eBay he/she agrees to be bound by eBay's rules and regulations. That agreement is called a contract. If he/she doesn't like the terms and conditions of eBay's contract he/she can choose not to do business on eBay.

It's that simple.

Never actually said it was Ebay.

As a moderator should you not know better than to assume? SMH

I do appreciate your completely invaluable response, it's nice to know that that some just have nothing better to do than be completely unhelpful on a HELP forum.

It'
To understand the firm's processes, ask the firm.

It's that simple.
Since the question has absolutely nothing to do which law the rights of online sellers actually have, your response is as helpful as driving into a brick wall.

But I understand fully, some just need to point out inaccuracies than actually helping those that come to HELP forums. Thus begs the question, How are you a moderator? Is the barrier to entry just because you post a lot.

It could be that you don't know the correct response and you do this to feel better about yourself, I have no idea.

I actually never said anything about which site it was, but not that it's important, it's NOT EBAY! Thanks for assuming and detracting from the actual question.

Those "rights" are addressed by the "contracts" (terms of service, etc) that sellers agree to when they sell their merchandise on those "available platforms."

That's a very simple concept.

Could you not comprehend the concept from the two responses already provided?

What else would you like to know?

Be specific.

Those "rights" are addressed by the "contracts" (terms of service, etc) that sellers agree to when they sell their merchandise on those "available platforms."

That's a very simple concept.

Could you not comprehend the concept from the two responses already provided?

What else would you like to know?

Be specific.
Again, presuming. Clearly you have not learned the valuable theory on presumptions.
There are no contracts with this particular platform, you create a sell account. There is no TOU, there are no documents.

I presume you are an attorney, does that not require some degree of INVESTIGATION?

I get you want to protect your own, but the proof is in the pudding. You both responded to a question, with nothing but useless information. That makes you both just a waste of valuable time.

It very well could be that you don't have the expertise needed to properly know the answers. I would strongly suspect that this would take more knowledge that the typical ambulance chasing attorney's would generally have. This is a case that would actually end up in court and require the nerve to argue a case. This one can't be solved with a phone call to an insurance company looking for a quick settlement.

I mistakenly found the forum for ambulance chasers, not actual attorneys, for that I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back