Consumer Fraud Internet purchase from a company was never sent, he won't return my calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimber71

I live in Oregon and ordered some clothing on-line from a company in California through his website. He said his credit card machine was not working so please send a check. The total was $75. I kept having to check on the order because we never got it, and it was always some excuse of waiting for manufacturers to send him stuff, he was sick, he was on vacation, etc. It was always "you should have it in 2-3 weeks." Now, 4 months later, I still don't have it, and he will not return phone calls or emails. I have all the emails. We have some of his other clothing and we went to his website to get some other stuff so it seems like it's a real company but yet we feel scammed and not sure where to proceed from here. Any advice would be appreciated.

There is very little that you can legally do in this situation.

You're from California and he's in Oregon.

You'd have to go to Oregon to sue him in small claims.

That would make no financial sense.

All you can do is keep
Pleading, begging, and cajoling.
If I were you, I'd never buy another item from this crook.

I assume he has cashed your check by now.?. If it were by debit or credit card then the bank may have refunded your card but not 4 months later. As army said unless you travel and sue just to prove the point then you can only bug him and hope the store returns your money or you items. Threaten and then call the bbb,papers,news anyone that may scare him into keeping a good name. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back