Criminal Law Inquiry about rehabilitation decree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pal_

Nyclex: Thanks a million for helping us out: Could you please tell me what is the Legal Difinition of "Rehabilitaion decree?"

here is the case: In my public mischief case, I pled Guilty and got conditional discharge with probation. One condition was meet probation Officer every month. Second was to continue treatment and counselling as we submitted papers. In form i-485 there is question to fill whick ask " Have you been beneficaiary of rehabilitation decree, or pardon etc.? What shoud I say, yes or no. Am I saying yes because I took counselling.

This is 10 year old case in Canada. i got probation letter from my probation officer stating my probation was completed successfully and did not have any court action against me. But I am unable to get my papers from school for counselling because they destroyed my cousnelling records because they keep record for seven years only and both counsellors are retired. So I have been unable to receive any letter from them. As you suggested earlier I counsulted two attornies, one said you do not need a letter from Counselling for green card process because I have a letter from probation of completion, other lawyer says I need a letter from counslor.

I am very confused now, what can I do in this this case? As I have been unable to get couselling letter, what other paper / letter can I prepare. My wife is ready to sponser me for my green card. We are confused.

Please help.
Pal

get all the paperwork you can get and let your attorney handle it. The more you can get the better, if you can't get any from them, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back