Injury at Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuzzy

I was hired in Minnesota to help my ex-husband and a friend of his start up a restuarant/bar in St. Criox, VI. I arrived Oct. 13, 2005 and slipped on their wet kitchen floor on the 15th. I returned to Minnesota with my ex. The friend has since closed up and the VI workers comp seems to have no answers. He had to have a license, he had a bank account and he signed a 30 lease with the property owner. Isn`t the property owner responsible to make sure her tenents are carrying liability insurance. The "friend" of my ex let his liability lapse and did not have workers comp. insurance. Who is liable for this injury when workers comp doesn't respond very well?

snuzzy said:
I was hired in Minnesota to help my ex-husband and a friend of his start up a restuarant/bar in St. Criox, VI. I arrived Oct. 13, 2005 and slipped on their wet kitchen floor on the 15th. I returned to Minnesota with my ex. The friend has since closed up and the VI workers comp seems to have no answers. He had to have a license, he had a bank account and he signed a 30 lease with the property owner. Isn`t the property owner responsible to make sure her tenents are carrying liability insurance. The "friend" of my ex let his liability lapse and did not have workers comp. insurance. Who is liable for this injury when workers comp doesn't respond very well? My injury involved a broken upper humorous bone that kept me out of work for 4 months. 6 months after I still do not have full movement and very little strength in the arm. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back