Injured as a pedestrian

I

injuredSJ

Jurisdiction
California
I was struck my a motor vehicle while crossing the road in San Jose, CA. I was unconscious, taken to a hospital and diagnosed with a closed head injury (concussion). The police report and witnesses blame the driver. I was in a cross walk with the walk sign activated. I now have close to $15,000 in medical and ambulance bills with no health insurance.

My question is: can I simply reach out to the driver's insurance company about paying these bills?

I was struck my a motor vehicle while crossing the road in San Jose, CA. I was unconscious, taken to a hospital and diagnosed with a closed head injury (concussion). The police report and witnesses blame the driver. I was in a cross walk with the walk sign activated. I now have close to $15,000 in medical and ambulance bills with no health insurance.

My question is: can I simply reach out to the driver's insurance company about paying these bills?
Sure, you can contact the driver's insurance about paying your medical bills, but why not get an Attorney to do this for you? A Lawyer could probably get your medical bills paid and also a settlement for your 'pain and suffering'. An Attorney will make sure the Insurance Company doesn't take advantage of you and will make sure ALL of your rights are addressed.

Back