infringement with monetary gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dir3ktjiv3

I was hoping someone out there who knows exactly what kind of laws this guy is breaking, and what kind of a jail sentance he could be looking at could tell me!

The other day I was on eBay hunting for some good deals on electronics and I came across something that didn't look right..

I found an ad for a device that I am very familiar with, because I own one.. yet the eBay seller had modified the image of the device so that the make and model number were gone! Interesting! I decided to take a closer look...

The ad is describing the device that I own, how it works, ease of use, etc.. however, the ebay seller is claiming to be the creator of the device! Not only that, but he is claiming that NO OTHER PRODUCT ON THE MARKET CAN DO WHAT HIS DEVICE DOES, and he is a POWER EBAY SELLER - selling x30+ units FOR MORE MONEY THAN THE DEVICE SELLS FOR IN STORES.

What a SCUMBAG! He's taking a product that's already on the market, photoshopping the make and model number off the front panel of the device, hyping up the product saying things like "TOTALLY NEW TECHNOLOGY! YOU CAN'T GET THIS QUALITY FROM ANY OTHER DEVICE ON THE MARKET! EXCLUSIVE PROCESSING POWER!" then he is selling it for a hundred dollars more than they are sold for brand new in stores!

The device is actually manufactured by a well-known and large electronics corporation here in North America and Europe, and this guy is totally ripping them off!

Now since I have respect for the company being ripped off I phoned their corporate headquarters. This was back around the first week of January. I still haven't heard anything back from them, and the guy's eBay ads are still online!

Maybe their lawyers are just handing this guy rope to hang himself with? I thought that they might try to buy one of the units from him to incriminate him further.. but anyway, what laws is he breaking and what could happen to him if he gets caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back