Parole, Probation Information About Parole In Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protagoras521

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION ON PAROLE IN THE STATE OF COLORADO. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS, FIRST DOES A PAROLEE HAVE TO TELL THE LANDLORD THAT HE IS ON PAROLE? i AM WONDERING IF THEY DO NOT DO A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DO NOT ASK ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY IF HE STILL NEEDS TO TELL THEM. HOW ABOUT EMPLOYMENT? DOES HE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW AS WELL? WHAT RESOURCES CAN HE USE TO HELP WHEN HE GETS OUT OF PRISON?

IF WE AS A SOCIETY CONTINUE TO TREAT FELONS LIKE ANIMALS THAT IS EXACTLY HOW THEY WILL REACT. HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A LIFE FREE OF CRIME IF NO ONE GIVES THEM A CHANCE? THEY SAY THIS COUNTRY IS ALL ABOUT JUSTICE, BUT WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN CONTINUING TO JUDGE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR PAST?

I AM ENTERESTED IN ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS, SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VOICE THEM HERE.

I'm not an expert in CO law but I am unaware of a requirement that you must notify an employer that you are on parole without being asked. I'm guessing you are wondering about Megan's Law, which deals with children.

With regard to parole, the idea is that the person released has been given a special chance to leave prison early and the public is entitled to be aware of the potential risk at hand. Perhaps the inmate has not truly been rehabilitated. To a certain degree I understand where you are coming from -- if you want to go clean it is difficult to make a fresh start with a huge black mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back