Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Indecent Exposure Misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

amc0305

I was charged with an indecent conduct & exposure misdemeanor 2 years ago. First of all I live in Ohio. Here is the situation: Myself and a man (not my husband) were at a nature reserve/park walking on one of the trails and we engaged in oral sex. We were caught by one of the park rangers. They gave us a ticket and we had to appear in court. We had to pay a total fee of $123.00. A $50.00 fine and $46.00 in court costs along with some other little miscelaneous fees. I looked my case up on the courts website, so hear are some of the other details if this helps any.

Case # 06CRB02124
Section Code: 1545.0953.05

My problem is that I'm married (and was married when it happened). My husband doesn't know about this and I would like to keep it that way. Despite how this misdemeanor might portray me, I do love my husband very very much. I always have and I always will. This was a huge mistake and one that I will NEVER make again. I know my best chance at keeping this a secret is to have it expunged. The only problem with that is there is no way for me to get the money to have it expunged without my husband noticing it. We have one checking account and he handles all the bills, balancing the checkbook etc etc. There is absolutely no way for me to acquire the money to pay for the expungment. I feel hopeless. The worry of him finding out about my misdemeanor has been plagueing me ever since it happened. Its driving me insane. I don't want my marriage to be ruined. I know I should have thought about that before I made my mistake.

I need to know what options I have (or do I have any at all?). I have seen from websites online, that you can actually fill out paperwork and undertake the process of expungment on your own without an attorney. Is this true? And if so, is it worth me looking into?

I also have another question...in what ways can this misdemeanor effect my life? Besides the obvious (my marriage). I already know that it can affect my chances of getting future jobs. I'm wondering if there are any instances that I'm not thinking of. For example, when we decide to buy a larger home...can my misdemeanor be brought up when applying for a loan? I wasn't sure if they do background checks for that type of thing or not. I'm just trying to think of all possibilities regarding this. I'm really in desparate need of assistance. This is driving me insane. PLEASE help me. Thank you for your time in reading this...I know I wrote alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back