incomplete state medical licensure applicaiton question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tresdo

I'm a doctor and I had applied for a medical license in Massachusetts a year ago. I submitted my application and there were follow up questions the state medical board had for me. (Follow up questions about my leaving my old job.) But by the time those follow up questions happened, I had unexpected family circumstances (I miscarried in my 7th month). I never followed up on those questions because I had other things on my mind, obviously.

It took me a long time to get back on my feet. I never did end up going to MA. And I'm not planning on it now. I don't need a license in MA anymore since things have changed for me. I tried to contact the state board in MA to find out what the status of my application is, but my inquires via email and phone message do not get returned. I can't seem to get answers to simple questions.

1. Where do incomplete license applications go? Are they destroyed or filed away? And if filed away, how long?

2. What should I do know? Should I answer those follow up questions, even though I am not seeking licensure in MA? That seems like a moot point. But it doesn't sit right with me that the MA board sent me questions and all they know is that I just didn't follow up. Do I need to do anything?

I'm still frustratingly trying to get answers with the MA board but as I'm doing so, I thought to ask this question on this website, in case anyone would know. Or could direct me to someone who would know.

Jackie, you will have to satisfy MA before you can proceed anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back