1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Incomplete service

Discussion in 'Consumer Fraud & Scams' started by Cre8tvchaos, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Cre8tvchaos

Cre8tvchaos Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    North Carolina
    Hello,
    I am hoping someone can help with this. My husband and i hired a landscaper who did incomplete work. We paid him with a check. When he did not come back to complete the work, or intent was to put a stop payment on the check but our bank informed us that he had already cashed it. We have attempted to contact this landscaper on multiple occasions and he has not responded. What recourse do we have at this point?

2. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

I am not sure why you paid before the work was complete, but you are going to have to sue him if he did not live up to his end of the contract.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Your simplest solution here is to do the remaining work yourself or hire someone more reputable... And pay when the work is done.

It is unlikely you will get the original worker to come back if he is not responding to your requests.