In NYC Dept of Probation, do they drug test by urine test or hair follicle test?

Robert562829

Jurisdiction
New York
Have my first meeting coming up with probation officer and they may drug test. Is it down by Urine or hair follicle test? This is for NYC Dept of Probation, not federal.

The state of NY authorizes blood, urine, hair, or saliva tests. However, I'd be surprised (unless you've got some specific history) that they use anything other than urine. Urine panels are dirt cheap and require no specialized personnel. All you do is dip the panel in the cup.

Of course, testing dirty on your initial is pretty damned common. You can expect a more intensive probation if you do. Regardless of the means, you should STOP USING DRUGS while on probation (and if you need help to do this, ask!).

Have my first meeting coming up with probation officer and they may drug test. Is it down by Urine or hair follicle test? This is for NYC Dept of Probation, not federal.

No one here is going to give you advice on how to scam a drug test. Hopefully you'll get caught and end up back in Rikers.

Back