Personal Bankruptcy In need

Status
Not open for further replies.

centro760

My mother file for bankruptcy last year chapter 7 case was discharge.She had a bussiness, and he had a private invester who loan her 100,000.00. My mother has open a new business in may 2009. Can this invester re-open a discharge case? Is my mom breaking the law by opening a new bussiness?The bussiness was open with another private invester and he was the one who provided her with the money, as we speak today she is broke, and the 100,000.00 was use to purchase equiptment as well as all other expenses when the first bussiness was open. equiptment was sold when the resturant was close. A corporation was open she is not listed as owner of the bussiness. Does she still have to call a trustee?

Last edited:
Yes, he could if she never disclosed this information to the bankruptcy Trustee. 100,000.00 is a lot of money to claim she is broke-- so this could put a red flag in the eyes of the court, if they find some things that she never disclosed then she would be in lots and lots of trouble. She better contact her bankruptcy attorney and talk to him about all of this to be safe.

The bussiness was open with another private invester and he was the one who provided her with the money, as we speak today she is broke, and the 100,000.00 was use to purchase equiptment as well as all other expenses when the first bussiness was open. equiptment was sold when the resturant was close. A corporation was open she is not listed as owner of the bussiness. Does she still have to call a trustee?

She should not do anything until someone contacts her-- she just needs to move on with life--- She should not start waves on calling the trustee--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back