Other Immigration Law In need of advice and assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triniwrecker

I have recently come here from the Caribbean. I'm 28 years of, have been in the IT field for over 10 years, the last 5 at the management level. My father is a US citizen and decided to file for me to be a resident last year. As such I came up in November and we started the proceedings. I have received a letter early in February stating that they (immigration) received my papers dated Jan 31st 2007. My type of application is I130. They are only now processing applications of my type from Feb 2006. Is there any way i can speed up my process so i can at least begin to work. I am a professional and not saying i'm better than anyone else, but it is frustrating to be home and not using my God given skills on a daily basis. Not to mention I have been given quite a number of job offers, none of which are willing to apply for me to get HB1 status however. Once I can do something to get a tax ID at least to work I'll be content to wait on the other stuff. Its been months now without any word from them. I also am seeking to start my masters at Clark University in Boston, so I am in need of some assistance urgently. Anyone can offer some advice?

This is not legal Advice!

Your Quote: "I have received a letter early in February stating that they (immigration) received my papers dated Jan 31st 2007. My type of application is I130. They are only now processing applications of my type from Feb 2006. Is there any way i can speed up my process so i can at least begin to work".

The quickest answer is no, if you knew how many claims the immigration departments have to deal with then you would see why they are so far behind. This is a department that you do not need to rustle any feathers in as you paperwork could by accident end up to the bottom of the pile. Just hang in there, it will all work out in time and remember you are not alone there are thousands in the same position.

Take care

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back