Improper passing

mtimster

I was given a ticket for improper passing 39:4-85 because I passed a double parked car on the left side and crossed a double yellow line. I want to fight the ticket because I think I was justified in passing the double parked car because it was blocking my lane.

I was given a ticket for improper passing 39:4-85 because I passed a double parked car on the left side and crossed a double yellow line. I want to fight the ticket because I think I was justified in passing the double parked car because it was blocking my lane.

Fight it then, citizen.
You might not like the result, but all are free to defend themselves in a court.
The one wearing the black dress won't want to hear what you FEEL, or THINK, just where in the law were you allowed to cross that solid double yellow line because yoru path appeared to be blocked.
its about the law, if you decide to defend, not about your feelings or thoughts.

Personally, traffic school (if offered), or DEFERRED ADJUDICATION (if possible) are the only sure things.

A double parked car blocking the lane would be treated the same as any other obstruction in the road. I would expect you could make a reasonable argument in this case that any citation should have gone to the blocking vehicle... assuming that you could not get around the obstruction without crossing over.

Fight it then, citizen.
You might not like the result, but all are free to defend themselves in a court.
The one wearing the black dress won't want to hear what you FEEL, or THINK, just where in the law were you allowed to cross that solid double yellow line because yoru path appeared to be blocked.
its about the law, if you decide to defend, not about your feelings or thoughts.

Personally, traffic school (if offered), or DEFERRED ADJUDICATION (if possible) are the only sure things.

Thanks for the advice. The ticket was dismissed by the prosecutor.

Back