Implied warranty

driver6974

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I financed a used 2015 chrysler 200s. that is not starting, and i have emailed the dealer twice with no response. My limited warranty says it''s effective date is june 12th which is the date i got the car. doesn't the implied warranty guarantee the car is in normal running condition when sold? What are my options. I am on fixed income and cannot afford any lawyers. Thank you.

I financed a used 2015 chrysler 200s. that is not starting, and i have emailed the dealer twice with no response. My limited warranty says it''s effective date is june 12th which is the date i got the car. doesn't the implied warranty guarantee the car is in normal running condition when sold? What are my options. I am on fixed income and cannot afford any lawyers. Thank you.

Are you saying that you bought and took delivery of a vehicle that didn't start at all, ever, for you?

i have emailed the dealer twice

What did your emails say? Did you ask the dealer for or to do something? If so, what did you ask for? Also, why have you emailed instead of called or visited?

doesn't the implied warranty guarantee the car is in normal running condition when sold?

Which implied warranty are you talking about? You mentioned a "limited warranty," which presumably refers to an express warranty. Does your express, "limited warranty" say anything about disclaimer of implied warranties?

What are my options.

No one who hasn't read your warranty can give you any sort of thorough opinion about this, but one obvious option is to take the car to the dealer and ask that whatever is wrong be repaired.

Are you saying that you bought and took delivery of a vehicle that didn't start at all, ever, for you?
No, the vehicle failed to start once during the test drive. the salesman and mechanic assured me it was fine, and said if there was a further problem to bring it back. when i contacted them when it didnt start at home i got no response, except to change the fob battery, which i did but the problem persists. they now say they can run a diagnostic but i will have to pay for it.

No, the vehicle failed to start once during the test drive. the salesman and mechanic assured me it was fine, and said if there was a further problem to bring it back. when i contacted them when it didnt start at home i got no response, except to change the fob battery, which i did but the problem persists. they now say they can run a diagnostic but i will have to pay for it.
Was the mechanic YOUR mechanic or did s/he work for the dealership?

What did your emails say? Did you ask the dealer for or to do something? If so, what did you ask for? Also, why have you emailed instead of called or visited?

Which implied warranty are you talking about? You mentioned a "limited warranty," which presumably refers to an express warranty. Does your express, "limited warranty" say anything about disclaimer of implied warranties?

No one who hasn't read your warranty can give you any sort of thorough opinion about this, but one obvious option is to take the car to the dealer and ask that whatever is wrong be repaired.
he worked for the dealership

So you bought the car without any express or limited warranty at all? Not a warranty for 30 or 60 days or anything?

An implied warranty is a warranty of merchantability meaning only that what you are buying will do what it is advertised to do. A vehicle will drive on the roads or a freezer will keep food frozen.

What was the period of your limited warranty and what does it cover?
Have you had the car diagnosed by a mechanic (not the dealer's mechanic)?

the vehicle failed to start once during the test drive. the salesman and mechanic assured me it was fine

And you believed them?

Sorry, but proceeding to buy a vehicle that failed to start during a test drive is a HUGE sign not to go through with the deal. Most car salesmen have no expertise in auto mechanics, so the salesman assuring you it was fine was meaningless. And, of course, both of them had incentive to say things to induce you to go through with the deal.

With that said, since you ignored the questions I asked, there's nothing more I can say at this point.

Back