Business Contracts implied contract and medicaid EHR incentive grant money

Status
Not open for further replies.

implied

I was hired under a written signed contract as an independent contractor 8 years ago. I was then fired at least twice and rehired without a written signed contract. There is just record of my work log hours and payments. I was pressured into applying for an EHR incentive grant. I did not give the money to the employer, since I would have to have a contract to do so and because the employer owed me a substantial amount of money.

Now, after selling the clinic I worked in, the employer has threatened to report me to the Florida Board of Medicine and Medicaid as having committed fraud and has reported me to the police and is threatening to press charges. I am on sick leave with a serious life-threatening infection which they know about. I have told them anything they do to me will be done back to them and that medicaid incentive law says that the doctor applying or attesting may use the money however he or she likes. I choose to use it as back pay the employer owes me. The employer is trying to say that the ancient contract which states all monies must be turned over to them is still in force after the firings and rehirings. I disagree.

Thoughts anyone?

In my opinion; since a contract is involved, you were an IC & the threatened/reported fraud charges, your best bet would be to talk to an attorney.

You can "hold" & see if you get other replies.

I disagree - I believe they may well have a leg to stand on.

Speak to an attorney immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back