Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct impersonation someone else

thelawgirl

Jurisdiction
Washington
well i have an issue. I met someone off tinder
we talked for a week. he called me and said he lied about who he was and that the pictures were fake. Then he proceedily insulted me and said mean things to me.

what can law enforcement do about this?

Who did he impersonate? If he held himself out to be an actual living person with a real identity, then that's the only person who has any legal recourse - and it's questionable whether that person does. You do not.

Who did he impersonate? If he held himself out to be an actual living person with a real identity, then that's the only person who has any legal recourse - and it's questionable whether that person does. You do not.
they were fake pictures of someone else and he decieved me isnt that considered criminal impersonation?

its not against the law to impersonate someone else?

No, people can pretend to be many things, as long as fraud isn't involved the law takes no note of "POOR BOY Jimmy" pretending to be "PRETTY GIRL LOUELLA MAE".

they were fake pictures of someone else and he decieved me isnt that considered criminal impersonation?

No, what you describe is "catfishing", so damn intriguing a guy and his pal have a weekly show on MTV helping people discover the person "catfishing" them.

Contact him here, as he helps people get to the bottom of a fascinating "catfish caper" every week.

His website:
Catfish
Catfishnev@gmail.com

No, people can pretend to be many things, as long as fraud isn't involved the law takes no note of "POOR BOY Jimmy" pretending to be "PRETTY GIRL LOUELLA MAE".

No, what you describe is "catfishing", so damn intriguing a guy and his pal have a weekly show on MTV helping people discover the person "catfishing" them.

Contact him here, as he helps people get to the bottom of a fascinating "catfish caper" every week.

His website:
Catfish
Catfishnev@gmail.com
even if he solicited for my provacative pictures? isnt that still considered fraud?

even if he solicited for my provacative pictures?

If you allowed the UNKNOWN to YOU pervert to sweet talk you into sending "naughty, risque" pictures of yoruself, I wouldn't call that fraud.

I'd call it "beguiling", "wily", "diabolical", or maybe even worse, but "fraud" it wasn't.

isnt that still considered fraud?

Nope, not fraud, just STUPID.

If someone asked me for pictures of my "naughty bits", after I stopped LAUGHING, this is what I'd send to the freaky, nasty pervert:
naked-mole-ra.jpg
whitebellied.jpg

well i have an issue. I met someone off tinder
we talked for a week. he called me and said he lied about who he was and that the pictures were fake. Then he proceedily insulted me and said mean things to me.

what can law enforcement do about this?

Nothing. So he made up a fake profile...so what? Report him to Tinder I guess. I don't know that they'll do much.

Block him and stay off Tinder. Unless you're looking for one night stands. That's all that is for.

Nothing. So he made up a fake profile...so what? Report him to Tinder I guess. I don't know that they'll do much.

Block him and stay off Tinder. Unless you're looking for one night stands. That's all that is for.

Freaks and pervs are everywhere.

But, when one outs himself as a freak by demanding "naughty pics", that's the only warning anyone should require.

Nothing I read rises to the level of unlawful unless money was exchanged or provocative pictures/videos of or to minors was involved. What you experienced is common with internet meetings its called "Catfishing" There are person on a forum I belong to Parent Nook Forums - Index page that have experince with this type of dating who can tell you to dos and donts. Its a forums hosted by this site so I its safe. Its not a legal site but you dont have a legal issue here so try here for advice

Back