1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Immigration to United States Naturalization, Citizenship

Discussion in 'Green Card, Residency, Naturalization' started by RLake, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLake

    RLake Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I am engaged to a permanent resident of the U.S.A. He is currently waiting for his citizenship application to be processed. We are wondering the fastest way I can immigrate to the U.S.A.

    1. How long is the wait to become a U.S. citizen for him?

    2. Do I have to wait for him to become a citizen to marry him? I understand that I can go there as his fiancee and then we marry within three months - after he becomes a citizen. Marrying him while he is a permanent resident results in me being put on the long list. Is this correct?

    3. Is there any other fast way for me to immigrate?

    4. He was advised that if I get an F1 student visa, I could go to school there and when he gets his citizenship, I can marry him then and stay in the U.S. Do I have to finish my schooling? Would I have to leave when the schooling is finished or could I quit when I am married, if I choose? Is this a feasible way to get into the U.S.? To me it sounds odd, as if everybody would be trying this loophole.

    5. What is the minimum length of full time course to be accepted for an F1 visa?

    6. I cannot apply to work in the U.S. as I don't have any professional skills that are in need there.

    7. Is there any other way, I can get into the U.S. to marry him and do I have to wait till he is a citizen?

    8. What do you advise?

    Thank you for your help.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.