Immigration questions

boo1213

Hello. I live in Texas and I had a speeding ticket a year ago and I didn't pay the ticket. Now I recieve a letter of warrant for that ticket. I just applied for Green card renewal and I just remember about that warrant. I already have appointment for biometric screening. What should I do? Do I get denied for that warrant?

Green card renewal...Please help asap

Hello..I just recently applied for greencard renewal and having appointment for biometric screening. But I just remember I have a warrant for speeding ticket in my city a year ago. Would that affect my greencard renewal...Could I get denied by it? Please help

Since you have an unpaid ticket & a warrant, you could very well be denied. You should take care of all unpaid tickets & warrants before applying for a green card renewal.

Please post your question only once - thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how long processing takes for the green card, but if you go pay your fines immediately you might be clear by the time they process you. You won't be arrested for a traffic warrant- they just want your money.

The problem is I already applied and have biometric screening soon. I don't know what to do next. Because I was doing research and they said only serious criminal law would deny their status. So I'm not sure If I can go through the whole process without any trouble

You can see what happens. I would get the unpaid ticket/warrant taken care of as soon as possible though. You could consider talking to an immigration attorney.

Good luck.

I am scared

Hello..I just recently applied for greencard renewal and having appointment for biometric screening. But I just remember I have a warrant for speeding ticket in my city a year ago. Would that affect my greencard renewal...Could I get denied by it? Please help

Can you tell me what happen? I am in the same situation.

Can you tell me what happen? I am in the same situation.

The problem is I already applied and have biometric screening soon. I don't know what to do next. Because I was doing research and they said only serious criminal law would deny their status. So I'm not sure If I can go through the whole process without any trouble

Generally only "crimes involving moral turpitude" will affect you. However, if you've failed to pay for several years (typically two or more) then you may have created other issues such as what you are encountering now. It is no longer just an unpaid speeding / traffic ticket. I believe these things can come up in screening as well.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't just pay for the ticket and be done with it. No point in leaving potential hurdles for yourself.

Back