I'm getting annuity payment for life and I have no idea why, is this wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara138

9 months ago a company called Old Mutual Financial started sending checks to an old address in TX where i lived my whole life (moved to CA 2 yrs ago) they got forwarded to my mothers address who then sent them to me. I called them and asked them why i had 9 checks for over $9,000, they said it was an annuity payment from a judgement in 1996 (I was 11) I asked for more information but they would not tell me because i would have to request that from the court. I asked what court and they wont even tell me that, they said to ask my mother she should know because I was a minor, but she has no idea. They said I needed to send back the checks because they are stale dated and need to be reissued and they sent them back. I asked them for how long these will be sent to me they said for life. I've talked to countless people there over the last two weeks (since i found out) and no one can help me figure out why Im getting this money. How can I get this straight, I do not want this money if it is not truly mine. any advice anyone ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back