Naturalization, Citizenship I'm canadian,my parents are american and cnd, how can I get my american citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOURGGE

Hello
I'm a 37 years old Canadian, and my parents have the double citizenship since 9 years ( Canadian and American), how can I get the double citizenship aswell ?
Thank you

Let me make sure I understand.

You were born in Canada. One of your parents has American citizenship and the other Canadian.

Is that right?

In what year were you born?

18 years ago my Canadian parents form a business in Florida, later on, the decided to ask for american citizenship, now both of them have american and canadian citizenship.
I was born in 1972 and I live in Canada but eventually I may want to move to United States.

Ah. Your situation is slightly different than mine. I don't think I can help you. Sorry.

I will, however, suggest that you contact the Canadian Consulate of whatever US city you are affiliated with or are interested in moving to. They were of enormous help to me when I had questions about my status.

Note: The Canadian government recognizes the concept of dual citizenship. The US government reluctantly acknowledges that other countries recognize the concept of dual citizenship. Therefore, you are more likely to get answers from the Canadians than the Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back