Illegally accessing my bank accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackR

Hello everyone,

I have a question in regards to the following situation on what laws may have been broken, or violations of my privacy that may also have been infringed upon? An employee acting on behalf of a law firm they work for accessed my bank accounts via my banks telephone banking. This individual used my social security number and one of my account numbers to gain access. They then gathered all of my accounts information including balances, other account numbers, and recent activity on all accounts. This information was then provided to my lawyer by this law firm in the form of an affidavit stating the actions taken by this individual, with an itemized list of all of my bank accounts information that was obtained. No court order was ever requested by this law firm to obtain any of my banking information. This individual, and law firm were never given permission by myself to access my accounts in any way.

Your feedback would be appreciated as I am considering taking legal action and would like to know where to start this process, and also find out what specific laws were broken.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back