Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Illegal turn, Open intox

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofyre

Was just pulled over for an illegal left turn and had my car searched, which had a open half gallon in my back seat. I'm 22 years old, and haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 18. I also had a MIP when I was 19, but took the route to have that removed from my record. Other then that my record is clean, and have a 3.2 GPA and graduate in Decemer. I was issued both an open intox and illegal turn ticket. Is it worth it to fight either of these? I was actually in my driveway when I was pulled over. I was not drinking but was coming back home from a soccer game. Thanks for all advice.

Was just pulled over for an illegal left turn and had my car searched, which had a open half gallon in my back seat. I'm 22 years old, and haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 18. I also had a MIP when I was 19, but took the route to have that removed from my record. Other then that my record is clean, and have a 3.2 GPA and graduate in Decemer. I was issued both an open intox and illegal turn ticket. Is it worth it to fight either of these? I was actually in my driveway when I was pulled over. I was not drinking but was coming back home from a soccer game. Thanks for all advice.

You're innocent UNTIL proven guilty!

They confiscated the bottle of liquor, so they know it was there. I'm a college student so money is tight as it is, i wouldn't have money to get a lawyer for advice.

They confiscated the bottle of liquor, so they know it was there. I'm a college student so money is tight as it is, i wouldn't have money to get a lawyer for advice.

Keep quiet, make no admissions or confessions.
Plead not guilty and ask the court to appoint an attorney to represent you.
Just because an alleged bottle of liquor was confiscated doesn't mean it was lawful or even came from your vehicle.

Plead not guilty, stop talking, and ask for a court appointed attorney.

Thanks for your advice. I wasn't sure if pleading not guilty would make them take a more extreme measure than if I just pleaded not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back