Weapons, Guns, Firearms Illegal search

Rayon

Jurisdiction
New York
I was arrested for gun possession, someone reported to the cops i pulled a gun on them, the cops arrested mi as i was goin inside my house, then they took my car keys and open my car which was parked and locked then drove it to the station and search my car there while i was locked away in a cell, 6 hours passed then they came and told me they found a gun in my trunk. Can they get a conviction like that

I was arrested for gun possession, someone reported to the cops i pulled a gun on them, the cops arrested mi as i was goin inside my house, then they took my car keys and open my car which was parked and locked then drove it to the station and search my car there while i was locked away in a cell, 6 hours passed then they came and told me they found a gun in my trunk. Can they get a conviction like that
Yes. They could. Only discuss this with your attorney.

Does the person who made the report has to testy in court

Yes. And I STRONGLY advise you not discuss this with the reporting party or you may find yourself with additional charges levied against you.

Seriously...You shouldn't be posting on the net...ask your attorney anything you want to know.

Last edited:
You didn't say so, but in the time that passed the police likely obtained a warrant to search the vehicle. Without a warrant there are probably some significant issues with the discovery of the gun.

Not every case makes it to trial, so testimony isn't always necessary. As above, avoid contact with the person who reported this or you could face additional felony charges for intimidating a witness.

Can they get a conviction like that

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible. Your story is obviously incomplete, and I could fill in the gaps with made up facts that would either allow for or preclude a conviction.

You need to discuss this with a criminal defense attorney and no one else.

Back