Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Illegal Search????

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianabeth

HI!

Can anyone tell me????? If you were let go from a job at 5pm (details upon request), you say goodbye to all and at 5:20, start to walk out of the store, can your boss stop you and search you in the middle of the hall, store and in front of all the world?

Originally posted by indianabeth
HI!

Can anyone tell me????? If you were let go from a job at 5pm (details upon request), you say goodbye to all and at 5:20, start to walk out of the store, can your boss stop you and search you in the middle of the hall, store and in front of all the world?
This is different than a search by a public official. What do you mean by search you? Did you refuse? What was the reason given? Either way, have you suffered substantial damages that might make a case worthwhile?

Dear Freebird

I was let go for stopping a shoplifter. I was told that unless I had proof, I could not ask them to leave my store.. I gathered my things and said good bye to the other employees. As I was leaving the store, my manager (the gal who fired me) said to hang on. She then approaced me (in the doorway of the store and corridor of the mall and searched my coat, my bags, my purse and my self. What I was concerned about is, if I cannot question a shoplifter, how can I be searched after I am no longer an employee? Does this help clarify??

I see what you're saying. You were let go, because it was against policy to search customers.

Since you were terminated, wouldn't you be a customer on your way out?? :p

What good would it do to file for wrongful termination, and .. invasion of privacy/illegal search freebird? What would be the gain/loss for such cases??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back