Overstay, Illegal Status Illegal immigrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulah22

Hello,

I've been dating a guy for 2 years. He entered the US illegally. We want to get married and I assume we would have to go back to his country to get married. How long does the process take for him to come back? If we get married there and I start whatever paperwork immediately, could it take a month or 4 years?

Hello,

I've been dating a guy for 2 years. He entered the US illegally. We want to get married and I assume we would have to go back to his country to get married. How long does the process take for him to come back? If we get married there and I start whatever paperwork immediately, could it take a month or 4 years?

He will have to return to his native land.

You can marry him there or anywhere else you choose, except the USA.

He might not be allowed back into the country legally for many, many years.

It could be four, five, or even ten years.

It won't be anything as short as a month, however!

It might never happen.

You just don't know with immigration, these days.

Some nations are looked upon a bit more favorably.

Some individuals with specialized skills and money to invest in businesses can also get expedited processing and decisions.

You might want to consult an immigration lawyer for a more precise analysis of your particular situation.

Depending upon how long he's been here, he could be facing a bar of 3 or 10 years.

Speak with an immigration attorney asap.

Okay, so he might not be able to return for 3-10 years because he was here illegally... But.. what if he somehow sneaks BACK into his country... If that's even possible... Will they know if he's been here? is there a way to tell? I mean, he does have a drivers license here and a bank account but that's about it...

Then he has left a paper trail.

The problem isn't with entering HIS country, it's with reentering THIS country. As I said he's left a paper trail - he has no record of entering the country legally yet there is evidence that he's been living here.

How long has he been here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back