Roomate illegal eviction in Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosper329

I moved in with my boyfriend in July 2014 to assist boyfriend who was newly diagnosed with cancer, less than four weeks later, he became very angry and agitated and demanded that i move out of his house in 24hours. He called his male friend over to witness the conversation. My boyfriend demanded that i surrender the house keys and because i was afraid, i turned over the keys. A few days later all of my clothes and furniture was put outside. I called the police and they told me that it was a civil matter and i need to file a lawsuit and sue him because i had given him back the house keys. I want to know if he was suppose to give me a 30 day notice, and if he did not give me notice, can he be sued for illegal eviction.

He could have been sued for an illegal eviction, but you took that away from yourself by VOLUNTARILY leaving the home. The cops gave you spot in information, skits time for you to move on with your life.

Besides, what are you going to get from a dying (or a severely ill person)???

Nothing, let it go, he's just no longer into you!!!

It appears you were certainly evicted illegally. Proving damages and any state specific penalties are what you could recover. Consult local legal aid or an attorney for specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back