IL Caught on Suspended License

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazslo

Hi,

My license was suspended on the 9th of July for having 2 tickets within 24 months (I'm under 21, although will be 21 next month). First issue is that I sent in the supervision envelope for the second ticket, but apparently that was never received because a default judgment was kicked at me, triggering the 3 month suspension.

Now today, I got pulled over again. I was issued a ticket for speeding and one for driving w/ a suspended license. My first question is what happens now? Will I be suspended longer or revoked?

Secondly, is it possible that I could get the judgment on the last ticket reversed so that I can go to court and get supervision? If so, would that then remove the suspension and invalidate the suspended license ticket? Since I doubt it would work that nicely, is there any possibility for a restricted driving permit of some type just so that I can get back and forth to work?

I'm planning on getting a lawyer, but just want to have a rough idea of what I'm up against before I talk to him.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back