If you're in the USA providing an online service to people where it's illegal, are you a criminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linedw

Hi,

I have some questions that hopefully someone can give advice on.

I can't provide any evidence right now but have reason to believe that there are
individuals in the USA offering services online to women and children where they
are abused on a daily basis by mostly adult males, used and abused for sex.

The main domain providers are giving these people domain name so they must
be held responsible for their actions also, when the evidence is published.

I cannot understand why any domain registrar would provide a domain name to
these evil people who are offering these services online, the only people using
their facilities are women and children in the countries where it's illegal.
And obviously every child sex abusers on the internet.

If that is not a good enough reason to stop these websites, then someone needs
to get together and do something drastic and take these websites down permanently.

It is a seriously messed up situation and these people need to be brought to justice.
Unfortunately there are people in this world that think it is ok to offer these services.

If you are in the USA, and have servers in the USA, but you're providing a service online
to people in a country where it is illegal for them to participate these online activities,
Which carries a long jail sentence when anyone involved is caught.

How does that not make you guilty? if you're the one providing the services
that governments have made illegal to be involved in? you're the cause of it.

Are you aiding and abetting in illegal/criminal activities?

I'd like to elaborate on this subject more but for now I just want advice before taking further action.

Thank you.

Last edited:
If you believe that you have sufficient evidence to begin an investigation, you can report the individuals in question to the FBI.

Submit a Tip — FBI

You will NOT be told what results of the investigation are.

Hi,

Unfortunately the FBI, child protection services, human rights, the police and government
are doing nothing about it, if they were these websites would have been shut down already.
The fact that these websites still operate is proof that nobody really cares enough to do anything.

Hi,

Unfortunately the FBI, child protection services, human rights, the police and government
are doing nothing about it, if they were these websites would have been shut down already.
The fact that these websites still operate is proof that nobody really cares enough to do anything.

All true, all too sad.
People claim to care about kids, say they protect children, yet why is it LEGAL in some states for an adult to marry a 14 year old, or a 16 year old?

Because, as with most things, it's just a sham.

So what is your suggestion? If someone doesn't report the site, how is the FBI to know about it? Or is it your contention that they already know somehow about each and every one of them?

What is your question for this forum?

The website hosts may or may not be able to cancel the contracts with the users based on content. It depends what their contracts say. It would be unusual for the host of the website to be liable for violating the laws of any particular country. The host isn't the problem, it is the owner/creator of the actual site. Just like Verizon isn't responsible for those who use their phones to commit crimes, and Google isn't responsible for those who use email to do the same.

I don't know, I don't have all the answers, I can't give you the all gory details but every single day
women and children are being sexually abused on these websites and nobody does anything.
What kind of screwed up world, governments or policing service doesn't acknowledge that?

In some countries they have banned people from using these websites for obvious reasons
but that doesn't stop people, so obviously the core of the ptoblem is the website owner.

If you wipe out the owners then the websites are gone, you have to put the fear in them.
They already know they're twisted, sick individuals, but they're so use to it they don't care.

They will soon.

Someone has to do something, bring down these websites, I know a lot of people might be thinking, then you're sending these people back into poverty, maybe but they have to learn to survive like every other human, work for a living, being an animal in a human zoo is not work.

What is right about it? other than money, money doesn't take away the truth, or the abuse.

When you have a country that is suffering from poverty, this creates desperation, and a nation
of people that have no self belief or hope in finding better opportunities, that's the fault of their
government, and you can't blame people for trying to live, but if it doesn't stop there's going
to be generations of poverty to come.

I can only make suggestions here, but a lot of these websites are run by one twisted person,
The kind of person that has kids of their own but allow kids to be abuses on their websites.
In most cases these people have one main website, many clones under different domains.

They're not hiding from anyone when they're posting women and children on their social pages.
The top social networks are taking no notice and in many cases refuse to take the content down.

Nothing I have said can't be found on our internet unfortunately, it's a sad world.

They always use fake names and addresses when entering their domain details for whois info.
Because this is allowed by most domain registrars, and ICANN doesn't double check their info.

I don't think I am saying anything that any decent human being wouldn't agree with, I hope you
would agree with me, because even if someone came from poverty to the sex industry, it's still
the most disgusting and shameful thing you could do on the internet, if Governments really knew
the truth, and got together to talk about a solution, they would probably agree something needs
to be done urgently, this is serious and the owners should be prosecuted for their daily crimes.

I don't care what anyone says sorry, in any level of law, if your only purpose is to create a service
where women and under aged children are being used for sex, you're a criminal to have
any involvement, be it the website owner or the peopel providing the facilities for these people.

In a court of law, with the right evedance, you're going down big time.

There is nothing good or humaine about it, human rights child services, where are they?

I think some times people have to take the law into their own hands, just to prove a point.
Nobody would disagree that this is nothing less than abuse.

The evedance is everywhere, all it takes is the right people to build a case.

If you are the host of the website, you can make it your policy to discontinue service to those with those kinds of sites. Consult legal counsel for how to do it correctly but it is your prerogative. Three are many law enforcement agencies all over the world trying o do as you suggest. It is not easy.

You seem to be operating on the assumption that if these websites are still operating, it is because no one has bothered to try shutting them down. I don't think you have any idea how difficult it can be in some circumstances to do that. What with differences in international laws, servers hosted in different countries, ownership in corporate or false names, it's not just as easy as identifying a website and arresting the owner.

A couple of thoughts being directly involved in this industry:

1) Domain Registrars: They simply sell names. Any name that isn't block as a result of being on a reserved name list such as this one from ICANN is open for sale. They don't ask questions and can't be expected to police use of a name. For example, a domain name that suggests child sex trafficking may be a site to help victims of such a practice. The registrar does not know. If there are crimes being committed then, should the domain registrars be notified by appropriate authorities, they will take action. On their own they cannot and will almost certainly not take action because they believe some action is in violation of law. Doing so would open them up to great liability should they guess incorrectly. There may be some discretion involved along the chain.

2) Web hosts - Web hosting companies have their own legal terms. They usually have greater discretion to terminate a relationship with a client who is hosting their website with the web hosting company. They too don't usually police their sites and will terminate a site based upon it being in violation of law. There is also usually more discretion there because the hosting client will cause their data center and web servers to be scrutinized by law should there be criminal activity suspected. As a result, you'll see them use discretionary power in their contracts more liberally. They can also notify a client whose account they wish to terminate of the intent to terminate and that the hosting client they will need to find another host and they must back up their files and transfer them.

Many of these sites are usually hosted out of the US and in countries where the hosting companies might not violate local law or enforcement might be lax. And trying to take them down is extremely difficult as you could imagine.

Thank you for the information,

I read the news, and it disgusts me, but it's not my job to investigate these stories.
They're not just stories, they are facts, because the world is allowing this to happen online.

What I cannot understand is, what government would allow anyone to set up a website where
their only purpose is to attract women and children to be exploited and sexually abused, in countries where it's illegal to participate in these activities, it should be illegal in every country.

If one government feels it necessary to prosecute people if they are caught using these services,
They obviously have good reasons, should the laws in another country allow you to exploit this?
No they shouldn't, there needs to be an international representative who reaches out to other
governments, wouldn't take much explanation to understand why other countries ban them.

These websites are breeding grounds for child sex abusers and pedophiles,
The people taking these women and young girls off the streets are child sex offenders.
If that's not a good enough reason to take action, what is?

You can't say the domain registrars and hosting companies are not aware of what these people
are putting on their servers, they are accepting these services into their business, that's wrong.
It shouldn't make any difference what country you're in or what country your servers are in,
If you're the cause of the problem, the abuse, then you should be brought to justice, right?

For those reasons alone, governments should be working together to make sure that these websites are taken down and the owners prosecuted, that's what I believe anyway.

If more people are aware of these issues and people work together to stop this kind of online abuse, the world would be a much safer place, maybe someone should be helping them leave their countries if that is the mentality of the people they're growing up around.

There are a lot of sick and twisted people out there, they might not think so, but they are sick.
Why are we allowing them on our internet, what steps need to be taken to stop this online abuse.

That's all I have to say about this subject.

Thank you for reading.

I appreciate how you feel. It makes me incredibly upset that we have any tolerance for these places.

The problem is that they are not easy to police and enforce the law. And some places just don't care as much as others. I don't want to diminish the reputation of certain countries but some have terrible reputations for having a thriving child sex industry. I consider teenagers to be the same, even those who are older than what is considered the legal age of consent. From my experience in dealing with certain situations as an attorney and webhost, I am very certain that most of these girls are not doing it because they want to. In most instances it is because family may force them into work (as their bodies are the most lucrative "asset" they "own") and in others it is because they don't have any other marketable skills and the country isn't providing them with assistance. And it's not like some politicians may not be profiting from an industry like this which may be legalized, even if unpalatable. Sadly they just don't care enough and the country may not have the money to clean up this industry while it has violent criminals to deal with simultaneously. If your budget only allowed for one, which do you think would be higher on the priority list?

It pains me. I wish I had a better answer.

It is upsetting, and I'm not an expert in these matters, just concerned.
Usually when someone sees something is not right, someone does something to stop it.

These websites are the cause of the abuse, someone should contact the new US president in an effort to try make him recognize that laws in the USA allow anybody in the US to set up online services where they can sign up women and children in countries where it's banned.
They're breeding grounds for child sex abusers, pedophiles, young girls are their main market.

The US government need to recognize why other countries felt it necessary to ban their citizens from using adult webcam services, the attitude of the website owners is like this, they are protected by US laws and they will allow anyone, even without ID to use their websites for sex, including under age girls. They don't care if you're from a country where it's illegal, you're welcome to use their web services at your own risk, because they are protected by US laws, it won't fall back on them, it's disgraceful, it's exploitation, human trafficking, child abuse and it's just down right wrong, apparently nobody cares enough to do what's needed to stop them.

The websites owners should be investigated and prosecuted by an international court.

Since this topic started, many social media accounts that were connected to these websites have vanished, accounts that used automated scripts/applications to auto-post images and videos of women and young girls daily, to their adult websites and blogs. Once the social media networks are contacted, they look over the content, the authorities are then informed.

I don't think it would be very difficult to trace every one of these girls back to their home locations, you can't go after the girls for trying to find work, most of them end up in sex houses instead, someone should look into that too, go after the people providing them with these facilities, and report them to the authorities, Pick one website, take down 10 or 20 webcams and I guarantee you the website will be empty within days.

If the internet is made up of the world, why would the world allow people to abuse women and kids like this online? the majority people wouldn't allow it, governments should ban them.

What do you do when nobody is stopping them? Should we take the law into our own hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back