If I were charged with truancy at 17, would the charges be dropped at 18?

SchoolScrewedMe

Jurisdiction
Washington
So, long story short, I attend a tribal school that tries to screw me out of credit all the time. After the latest incident, I have no interest in going back. I'm 17 and turn 18 in June, the day after the school year ends. There are only about 50 days of school left, and I plan on avoiding as much of that as possible.
I'm considering moving in with a friend until I turn 18 as to dodge the truancy officer and all, but I know I'll still get in a whole heap of trouble while I'm still 17.

So, my question is, if I end up getting fined for not showing up to school and get ordered to attend Truancy Court or whatever, will all of that go away once I turn 18, or would there still be fines to pay and all?

So, long story short, I attend a tribal school that tries to screw me out of credit all the time. After the latest incident, I have no interest in going back. I'm 17 and turn 18 in June, the day after the school year ends. There are only about 50 days of school left, and I plan on avoiding as much of that as possible.
I'm considering moving in with a friend until I turn 18 as to dodge the truancy officer and all, but I know I'll still get in a whole heap of trouble while I'm still 17.

So, my question is, if I end up getting fined for not showing up to school and get ordered to attend Truancy Court or whatever, will all of that go away once I turn 18, or would there still be fines to pay and all?

If a court proceeding started tomorrow, it's sting could linger well into your adulthood. But, that's unlikely for a truancy offense.

By the way, at age 17 you'll probably be brought before an adult court.

Do yourself and the school a favor, look into getting a GED.
You don't want to get hauled into court for anything these days.
For some people a GED is a better option than a formal school setting.
To be frank, OP, your actions are only hurting your future.

Back