I was what if anything can be done about a website that defames people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty

A couple weeks ago I came across a site that is supposedly set up to protect people from scum on myspace. They allow people to submit people who they feel are scum and the site categorises them into pedophile, spammer, fake, flake, psycho, cheater, liar. Upon reading the descriptions of some of the people submitted I was shocked and dismayed. The criteria for being listed in any category is minimal. I came across several people listed as pedophiles and the description given about them was one of the men looks like a pedophile and the other hangs out in the chatrooms. I have seen women listed as flakes because they have too many pictures of themselves. I have also seen a woman listed as a cheater and her description is too defaming to list. That is the case for 99% percent of all the people listed.

What if anything can be done about this site? I have been informing people anonymously that they have been listed and how to get their profile removed. Which doesn't seem to work because I have been told by several people that they have tried to have their name removed before and nothing happened. Also a young lady I informed of her listing followed my directions to have her name removed and the next day her myspace account was hacked in to and turned into a phishing site. So I changed my anonymous emails to include a warning to not give that site their email address that is connected with their myspace.

Last week I had a celebrity's name removed by that site. I sent an email requesting it be removed. She was listed under pedophile. Within forty eight hours it was gone. But they don't seem to want to remove anyone who is listed to feel like they can have their own name and link to their myspace removed.

So I don't know what to do? Any help and any ideas would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back