I was hit. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

lroberts

as I was walking my dog a few houses from mine, on the sidewalk, he was leashed, a man ran up and yelled "pull him in!" like a military sergeant. He had plenty of room to run around us and we were just standing on the sidewalk. He slammed into me, fully hitting 1/2 of my body. Didn't stop to say "sorry", knocked the air out of me and I would have fallen except for my 90# weight of a Golden Retreiver as a counter balance. He hit me with quite a force.

I was so hurt (painful, the arm, neck, even legs) that I headed home, was quite upset and called the police and gave a description. The police found him a short while later.
They asked if he remembered hitting anyone and he denied anything. Then they asked his name and pulled it up. . .and he is with the FBI, Counterterrorist division.
THEN he remembered hitting a girl with a Golden Retriever. So here he is on a little "run" and full steam hit me, a guy in that kind of shape. No wonder it hurt so much.

They found me and we discussed whether to press charges. After thinking about it for a few days, I really feel that he is crazy and sick and needs to be "called" on this and wanted to go ahead (I've never done anything like this before). What if he's like this in his personal life? He needs someone to say "YOU ARE CRAZY". Then the police called me and said "are you sure" and that lead me to think that maybe they were told to
try to persuade me not to pursue this. But I said to go ahead. . .

So I called the DA's office to follow up. No record. Called the officer. He called back two days later and left a message "tell your mom officer. . . . . .called.".

He called back today and said that due to some error he had NOT filed the report and it was being filed as of today (3 1/2 months later).

Should I be frightened? Do these things happen? (I guess I would be stupid to think they don't?). He FORGOT to file the report???? Are the files available to me? Is the guy's name available to me? Address?
(He must live in my neighborhood).

Any input is welcome.

Originally posted by lroberts:
as I was walking my dog a few houses from mine, on the sidewalk, he was leashed, a man ran up and yelled "pull him in!" like a military sergeant. He had plenty of room to run around us and we were just standing on the sidewalk. He slammed into me, fully hitting 1/2 of my body. Didn't stop to say "sorry", knocked the air out of me and I would have fallen except for my 90# weight of a Golden Retreiver as a counter balance. He hit me with quite a force.

I was so hurt (painful, the arm, neck, even legs) that I headed home, was quite upset and called the police and gave a description. The police found him a short while later.
They asked if he remembered hitting anyone and he denied anything. Then they asked his name and pulled it up. . .and he is with the FBI, Counterterrorist division.
THEN he remembered hitting a girl with a Golden Retriever. So here he is on a little "run" and full steam hit me, a guy in that kind of shape. No wonder it hurt so much.

They found me and we discussed whether to press charges. After thinking about it for a few days, I really feel that he is crazy and sick and needs to be "called" on this and wanted to go ahead (I've never done anything like this before). What if he's like this in his personal life? He needs someone to say "YOU ARE CRAZY". Then the police called me and said "are you sure" and that lead me to think that maybe they were told to
try to persuade me not to pursue this. But I said to go ahead. . .

So I called the DA's office to follow up. No record. Called the officer. He called back two days later and left a message "tell your mom officer. . . . . .called.".

He called back today and said that due to some error he had NOT filed the report and it was being filed as of today (3 1/2 months later).

Should I be frightened? Do these things happen? (I guess I would be stupid to think they don't?). He FORGOT to file the report???? Are the files available to me? Is the guy's name available to me? Address?
(He must live in my neighborhood).

Any input is welcome.
Things happen like this all the time and it is possible -- not sure.

I can't tell you whether or not the injury was bad -- if you didn't end up in the hospital and it was nothing more than a bruise, you may want to think about whether it is worth the trouble going to press charges for battery. Was it just an accident? I'm not sure I understand the context.

If this is something you still want to pursue may want to write a letter, certified return receipt, documenting everything you state here to the police department. At the bottom you might want to state something such as this has left you somewhat concerned and would appreciate their cooperation with regard to handling this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back