Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft I was charged Theft 4 it's my first time I have a clean record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladee808

I went to a local drugstore here in Hawaii I went there to buy some milk and end up taking things went up to $50 I was caught by the security took me to their office took my information took picture and gave me a Paper that says I can't trespass for 1 yr in the store I have a court date on oct.4 I don't know what to do. What should I expect? Should I plead not guilty or guilty? I need professional advice.

In addition they called the police and took me to the station I had to bail out myself took picture and finger printed me, gave me a paper with my court date.

Don't make any plea until you speak with a private attorney or the one that the court appoints to represent you.
Don't worry. So long as you don't have a lengthy criminal record a little petty theft offense isn't going to hurt you. Expect to pay a fine, and if you stay out of trouble long enough you might even get the whole thing dismissed.

So on my arraignment I just ask for a public defender or do I need to find one before the date of my arraignment?

Do it when you appear in court. If the matter is as petty as it sounds it may be all over and done with the same day.

What was your consequences? How many times did you go court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back