Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft I was arrested for shoplifting... ADVICE PLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arichardson

Hi. I'm 14 years old, and I've never, ever done anything like this before. It was just on impulse. I wasn't thinking because, if I was, I wouldn't have done it (I'm way smarter than that).

I shoplifted a $1.50 bracelet out of a Claire's store (yeah, I know). It happened yesterday, so I don't know what's going to happen, except that I'm banned from all Claire's stores, and from the Riverchase Galleria for three months. Like, I said, I've never been in trouble with the law before. Can you tell me what could happen to me?

Thank you,
Amberlyn

Since you are a minor and this is your first offense, I don't think you have too much to worry about. The fact that you are not in detention and are able to hop on a computer to write this says alot. You were most likely charged and released to your parents, correct? If there is a court date set for you to see the judge, then at least one of your parents will be with you. If this is your first time he will most likely hit you with a fine, and will most likely give you probation and send you home. (Since jails and detentions are crowded anyway.) One word of advice. Be nice to the judge, use words such as sir/ma'am, your honer, and tell them you'll never do it again.

Sounds like a cath & release

For only $1.50 LP probably figured it wasn't worth their time to pursue further.

I would not go into the store again.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back