Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse I was arrested and got a misdeamenor for driving under the influence of marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

quad85

I'm 22 years old, never been arrested. Came back from a party, smoked a joint of marijuana, didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign, and a cop pulled me over, and smelled marijuana in my truck. He proceeded to give me some tests, and arrested me and took me to jail for 24 hours , they gave me a blood test. I have to go to court April 3rd, what happens now, and do I need an attorney? This is the first time that this has happened to me. I have been hearing that since it is a misdeamenor, it's not as bad as a felony. I live in California, please give me advice!
Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a driving under the influence and could easily lose your license. You need an attorney.

Can the court appoint me a lawyer? Also, do I need to get in contact with the DMV so they don't take my license away?

If you qualify, the court will appoint you one at the arraignment. You have to request one and enter a plea of not guilty. Your case depends on the results of the field sobriety tests and blood test. Your suspension depends on state law. Usually the DMV website has the information on suspensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back