i want to sue for the debt that hasnt been paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmiaka

hi i want to sue a guy that borrowed $2000 from me 2 years ago he keep on saying that he will pay me back in due time but we only communicate through emails since i dont work with him anymore on the same ship and now he doesnt communicate at all .we dont have a written agreement. can i still sue this guy even if i dont even know he's address i only know he's name and we are under one agency. will there be a possibilty to sue him and for him to be banned for working abroad??and can i still work abroad even if i have a case that is ongoing like this?? pls do reply thanks!

Do you have proof of the alleged loan?

Is there a promissory note?

You'll need proof of the loan.

You'll also need to review the statute of limitations in the locality where the loan was made, before bringing such a suit.

You will also need to come up with his address... you can't serve him court papers if you don't know where to deliver them. There are Internet sites out there that will help you get that information for a small fee.

i only have he's emails saying that he's sorry and ashamed and asking me to wait for him to pay me other than that i dont have anything

i dont know his address but we are under the same agency, i ask the agency if they can give me his address but they didn't .they said its confidential

In order to sue him, you need to obtain his address.
Maybe you can get it by tricking it out of him.
Send him an email saying you want to send him some important papers.
Or,if you know what ship he is serving on, you can have him served when teh ship returns to its port!

If you know his name, approximate age, and general location of residence then you have plenty. DO a little Internet searching and you will find multiple services that will provide you with a full background search of this guy with plenty of contact info... for a small fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back