i sold a car on craiglist

florMat

Jurisdiction
California
Hi there so my husband and i sold a car on craiglist.
We were having mechanical issues with the car so we decide to sell it.
Buttt did not tell the buyer that it was giving us mechanical issues.at the time the buyer bought it it was perfectly finee they drove it for 3 times and check in side nd out everything was perfect.
So we signed the pink slip they gave us the cash nd drove off.now
About a whole month later she calling saying the car doesnt work nd that it wassnt driving
And we told that the car was working fine when she bought it and that it was her problem now.well this happened in april,2016
Dile today which is Jan,2017 she is still bitching to the point where she wants to take me to court.
Now the big question is can she win the case if she takes to court.

No, private party car sales are AS IS, unless you sad different in writing.

Be smart, stop communicating with the idiots.

Changer your phone number, block her number, IGNORE them.

There's nothing they can, LEGALLY.

They can sue you, you defend and say, "The car was sold AS IS. The buyer checked the car. The buyer bought the car after checking it over. We never guaranteed the car. All private party car sales are AS IS."

Yes she called me and even went into my facebook acoount and got my picture.
And yes i have been ignoring her call and txt but i have everything in photo i if she takes me to court and can show all the messages shes been doing to me and herasing me.

Yes she called me and even went into my facebook acoount and got my picture.
And yes i have been ignoring her call and txt but i have everything in photo i if she takes me to court and can show all the messages shes been doing to me and herasing me.

You only need to do as I suggested above.

Once more, "The car was a private party sale. The car was sold AS IS, absent any warranty, express or implied."

You, of course, are FREE to ignore my suggestion.

Let me know how that works out for you.

No thank for your suggestion.i really apreciate it.....nd yes i will post once i finished with court thank u

When a scammer knows you're wise to their tricks, they leave you alone.
I doubt you'll ever be sued, but if you are, you know how to defend yourself.

When a scammer knows you're wise to their tricks, they leave you alone.
I doubt you'll ever be sued, but if you are, you know how to defend yourself.
Yes thank u so much
One more question say she did take me to court what prooff or what will i need to take.
And second question who pay the court fee.bcuz i aint gonna anything

Yes thank u so much
One more question say she did take me to court what prooff or what will i need to take.
And second question who pay the court fee.bcuz i aint gonna anything

If she sues, she pays.

The only proof you need is from your mouth, and your spouse's mouth.

You only need to defend your position, mate.

Car was sold AS IS, without any warranty or promise.

You were told the car was sold "as is" and that's true. The buyer can do whatever she wants to and you won't have any problem.

Back