Other Criminal Charges & Offenses I sent a package to a friend his wife took it and sent to a lawyer and my friend neve

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaken

I sent a package to a friend his wife took it/intercepted it and sent to a lawyer and my friend never saw it or got to touch it.

He has no idea i sent him pork skins and a painting

I sent the package from california over nighted for a birthday present to alabama... I have the tracking

Is it considered mail theft?

Can I press charges against her or can he? or both?

And....for some odd reason she is "using" the package as evidence in a divorce can she use it if she STOLE the package?

I sent a package to a friend his wife took it/intercepted it and sent to a lawyer and my friend never saw it or got to touch it.

He has no idea i sent him pork skins and a painting

I sent the package from california over nighted for a birthday present to alabama... I have the tracking

Is it considered mail theft?

Can I press charges against her or can he? or both?

And....for some odd reason she is "using" the package as evidence in a divorce can she use it if she STOLE the package?

Well, let's explore this.
I'm guessing you are INVOLVED with this man.
How do you KNOW all of this is true?
It really doesn't matter.
No, you can't press charges against her for anything.
No, she won't be able to use a package that contained pork skins (I love them, by the way) and an innocent painting.
But, I'm thinking its a still life, maybe some fruit, a lovely seascape, beautiful mountains, some wonderful nature scenes, etc...
But, even if the painting was risque, so what?
You could contact the US Mail Postal Inspection Service for clarification, if you sent it US Mail.
They are the final arbiter of mail theft, being as they the law enforcement arm of the USPS.
If you sent it via FedEx or UPS, forget about it.
In the end, I don't see anything here, but more embarrassment and frustration.
If I were you, I'd move on and forget this Lothario.
Most people like to eat pork skins, ham, bacon, and pork chops.
Very few people, I know, enjoy wallowing with pigs in their pigsty.

It is not at all uncommon for spouses to open each others mail.
You sent the item as a gift. You do not really have a loss here.
I wouldn't bother the postal inspector with this. They don't investigate unless there is a certain volume of mail theft in a given area.
You really have no recourse here. The loss is his and for him to resolve with his wife.

should i call the police? he is my best friend and she is purpoursely thwarting the present...its an innocent gift! OMG like as if i want my best friend in that way....SIGHS

and the paint was scenery and he got pork skins!

This does not sound like a criminal matter the police will be interested in.
You sent a gift, and so far as I see it you gave up all rights to it when you dropped it in the mailbox.
If the intended recipient wants to complain about intercepted mail he could, however since it was his wife this really is a civil issue between the spouses.

Perhaps any future packages could be sent to his work. However I caution you that your contact could be taken as a romantic move towards your friend (intended or not) this can cause serious issues for your friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back