I own a website .. but in a little contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam583

Hello. My name is Jason and about two years ago I started automotive website forum. Well, about a year ago it turned into GM POWER . net, a total GM Website for cars/trucks. I got hooked up with a company and we started working together. In December of 2001 I signed a contract. Between 3 people we each own 33.3% of GMPOWER.net. However, since GMPOWER.net is no longer alive. It'a a domain that points to the new site, GMPOWERtalk.com -- Which is active. However, I don't like the business ethics they have. I am going to leave GMPOWER and start my own site.

Question is .. it's a message community. I will gratefully turn the site over to them but I plan to take the forum and membres with me to new site. I will clean it up quite a bit and remove anything referring to old site.

Now this contract is over a year old .. what are my rights? The domains are in my name, I pay for the server, the VB forum lic. is in my name. However, they have paid about 5 times for sponsorships/server costs but haven't paid in over 3 months.

I need help .. I would like to talk with someone. If any lawyers want to pick up a side job I am winning to pay for advice and letters written as well as a review of the contract I signed into in Dec. 2001.

Thanks for any help you can provide .. you can e-mail me directly at jason@jamz.net ..

THANKS!

Jason -- it all depends what it is worth to you. A review of your contract is necessary and that can be done by sending an email to us at consultations@thelaw.com and can be done at a very attractive price.

With regard to whether you can take the members -- this is a very complicated matter if the contract does not speak to the issues. It is likely that the assets may be indivisible and owned by the business entity, if there is one created. The first place to look is at the contract. Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back