I Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nusaint

Hello Guys.I came across your website on the ineternet and was told you offer free advice.I am hoping you can point me in the right direction here as i'm lost and confused by the whole situation.
Sometime last year I drove into the congestion zone in london and was charged.I did not pay the ontime( as i don't stay at the address) and was given the warning.I eventually paid the money and it went through.A couple of months later a bailiff knocks on my door requesting a sumof over 700 pounds,he said it was for congestion charging london.As i was not at home then my car was clamped and my bro told me waht happened I called the bailiff in charge and explained to him there must have been a mistake somewhere as I had already paid this fee.He responded that i did not pay on time and that is why i've been refered to him.I said i could not understand that case as i paid and i have not been told otherwise.He then said the day i paid was the day the case was passed to him,so my payment was not process.He said so therefore i owe him over 700pounds.The fee at first was 155pounds,i said to him that i don't have such money on me and he said i should call up friends and relatives and find someone to pay for me,and if i don't he has the right to take the car away and sell it.Scared about that i called up a few friends and soon found someone(a friend of a friend) who was willing to help me pay of his creditcard provided i pay him back.I agreed to it and forwarded the details to my friend so this guy can call up and pay the money.A few minutes later he calls me up saying the fee has been paid and he released my car.Still convinced i had paid the original fee i decided to contact congestion charge london directly ( all this while i held up paying this guy that used his credit card to pay for the fees).It was during my wait for a reply from congestion charge london that the bailiff calls me back and he said the credit card used for the transaction was stolen and has been declared a fraud payment,well i said that on the spot i had no idea what he was talking about and that i only got someone to pay the bill because i did not have the money and you suggested i get someone else to pay on my behalf( my guess was since i did and had not paid this guy a penny he decided to do a chargeback on his creditcard).I said to the bailiff at this point that i really had no idea what is going on,then he suggested the bill still remains unpaid and that he would report me to the authorities as i have used a stolen card to pay him( which i completely denied ).I said to him we were back where we first started,i don't have that amount on me and if he prefers i can pay installmentally which he agreed to this time.So i paid him £100 and agreed to pay the remaining in instalments.It was during this time that i got a reply from my letter to congestion zone,and it confirmed indeed that i had paid the charges in question.
I was shocked that i was being chased about for the money i do not owe.I wrote to the baillifs explaining what has happened so far.I did not get a reply.All i kept getting were letters threatning ccj's and reporting to authorities that i used stolen creditcard to pay him ( which i did not do).
He came down to my Mum's house again this morning and was being forceful trying to gain entry and saying he has got a warrant for my arrest,of not paying and using stolen creditcard to pay him.As of now i have moved out of my Mum's and she said that to him already but he is not having it.Nether is he having the fact that i had paid the money he claims i owe him,or the fact that i did not pay him with stolen creditcard.
I don't know what else to do that is why i'm turning to the experts maybe you can advice me on what to do please.
Thanks And I will answer any questions you need answers to in assisting me.
Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back