I need help, fraudlent broker moving company

gginger99

Jurisdiction
California
When I was planning my move, I was having difficulty finding a well known moving company to move me. So I did an internet search and called this one moving company.

I had agree to the price with them, and agreed to give them a deposit, initially they were texting me information to click on links, etc. to give them my deposit, after they sent me the contract. When I looked at the contract I saw they were not a moving company but a broker, I then contacted them to cancel them as I didn't want to work with a moving broker. They told me I would not receive my depot of $5830 back.

I contacted my bank.I have open a dispute on a charge I received from what I found out was to be a moving broker, after the fact, when I believed it to be an actual moving company. They have not done any work, they have done nothing. I used another company.

The amount on my credit card is substantial to me. After telling the predatory broker that I was cancelling the move with whoever they were bidding my move out to, because I wanted to know and use a moving company of my choosing, not someone chosen by them. That had always been my intention.

They, this broker company, told me I couldn't cancel, that if I did, there would be no refund. I have told them under no uncertain terms, that I will not be utilizing them, and I have found an actual local mover and have initiated my move with them.

Which, by the way, the estimate cost by the actual mover was higher then the predatory brokers. I am not trying to get out of their contract due to remorse in price, I want out of their contract, which by the way, I don't recall ever signing a contract with them, because they aren't who they led me to believe they were.

I have uploaded the e-mail conversations and contract to Wells Fargo for review in this dispute. Wells Fargo has now told me that they are siding with the moving brokers, even though they have done no work, nothing but take my $5830. Very fraudulent and crafty. I was unaware when I gave them my deposit that I would not be able to cancel. I didn't see the actual contract until after i gave them the deposit, saying that if I cancelled I would not get my deposit that.

This is a cleverly crafted contracted giving them the ability to steal people's money. The internet is full of disputes for this company.

I need help. I have recently lost my job and don't need this extra debt. Please help! I've contacted the BBB and they have said the business would not respond. I've contacted the DOT and they have not responded. It's been 6 months now. I need help.

I'm sorry that you are in a difficult financial position. It's unfortunate that you did not do your due diligence prior to contracting with the first company. You may try suing them in small claims court, but it's quite likely that the contract you entered into doesn't allow for a refund.

I need help. . . . Please help!

It's not entirely clear what help you think the anonymous strangers who post here can provide.

Your relationship with this company is governed by whatever contract you signed or agreed to when you made payment, and no one here has read that contract. You said you paid a deposit and opened a dispute with your bank, but you didn't tell us if that dispute is still pending or has resolved (and, if it has resolved, how it was resolved).

You mentioned the BBB, but that's not an organization that has any authority to do anything.

You also mentioned the DOT, but you need to reach out to the specific agency that handles this industry: the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. You can search here to find out the details about the broker, including its bond, which you can make a claim against.

It's not entirely clear what help you think the anonymous strangers who post here can provide.

Your relationship with this company is governed by whatever contract you signed or agreed to when you made payment, and no one here has read that contract. You said you paid a deposit and opened a dispute with your bank, but you didn't tell us if that dispute is still pending or has resolved (and, if it has resolved, how it was resolved).
The OP stated that the dispute was resolved by Wells Fargo in the other party's favor.

Back