i have been threatened, need information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giomiguelito

Hello, this is my first post here. I have had a situation occur recently that I would really appreciate ANY input on. I'm a 20-year old college student living in Indiana.

I work with my friend at his parent's business. We used to sit right across from each other, so we would talk all day during work. We will discuss anything from gaming to funny youtube links, anything really. Every once in a while, we discuss drug related things, but only recently did his subject matter begin to get very strange. He started talking to me about how he is buying vicodin and other opiates from a homeless man that lives down the street, and how he snorted all of this. I began worrying about him, and hinting at him that I didn't really like talking about that stuff at work.

Anyways, a week or so after he was talking to me about that stuff, I basically called him out on it online, in a text conversation, telling him that he is hurting himself and that its not healthy at all, etc. He got extremely upset and basically we stopped talking that day. A few days later, the same day I quit my work, I sent an email to his mother asking her to please help my friend, and telling her all of the things he had told me. Let me just say, this has been a friend of mine for 4 years, and I care greatly about him.

I hoped that my email to his mother would help him, even if it was hard at first, but they both assumed that it was an attack on my friend. This really hurt me, and then suddenly i started getting emails from him, telling me how I had just done the stupidest, foolish thing ever.

This peaked when he left a voicemail on my phone that I now have an mp3 copy of, threatening to use any information i had ever told him against me, ranting about how "you wont know when, or how, but i am going to make your life a living hell" and ending the whole thing with "see you in hell".

I am extremely upset by this, I keep thinking that its the drugs talking since he has been snorting the drugs he told me about for the past week+. But he sounds very serious and I have tried looking for legal help online, no luck. I live with my mother and 2 brothers/2 sisters, so I am mostly worried that if he did do something, I dont want it to affect any of them.

What can I do? Should i get a restraining order or something? Has he done anything illegal? Is this blackmail? I have nothing to hide, so I am willing to go to court or whatever I must do to solve this. But I dont want to trigger a response that could lead to damaged property or family harm. Please help.

Thank you for your time,

Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back