Consumer Law, Warranties i feel like i been scamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shove

i am 20 years old and just purchased a used vehicle off of a car lot i have had nothing but problems since then! when i went in to buy this vehicle they wanted my car as a trade in but werent able to do that because i still owed a little on it but they gave me the new/used vehicle anyway.they gave me $600 toward my old vehicle for payments towards it.now they called me yesterday december 11th and asked me if i traded my old car in! i said no i didnt they asked me to come to the car lot and told me that somebody said on the paperwork i made more money from my job than i actually did and that my old car was traded in.now they have offered me $200 off of my new/used vehicle and they also told me the finance company stopped payment on my new/used vehicle and the car lot wants my old vehicle now as a trade in.but on my contract it states 0 down and 0 trade.so i feel that someone has altered my contract behind closed doors. i purchased this vehicle on december 4th.is this legal? please help me!

If you can prove your contracted stated $0 down and $0 trade, you are fine. Either way, unless the contract says you will trade in your old vehicle, they can't bully you into giving it to them.
Did you already sign a contract? Did they give you a copy of it?
Most importantly, did you lie on your application about how much money you make?
If you haven't taken possession of the vehicle, and they can't finance you based on your acceptable terms, walk away. They can't force you to buy a car!

-Nick

i already have the car and i have my agreement aswell stating that i payed 0 down and 0 trade in. my contract is signed and no i didnt lie about my wages because they looked right at my pay stubs.and how can the finance company stop payment? i didnt do anything wrong!! can they take my new car now???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back