I fear for the survival of the human race.

I have feared for this same thing for the past 20 years.

When I worked in IT I thought that the majority of people were reasonably intelligent and on-the -ball.

After I switched careers it took me about 6 months to realize that the opposite is true - most people are incredibly stupid. And it's not just Americans. I've dealt with a lot of foreign tourists that are just as stupid as anyone else. It's really horrifying to see on a daily basis.

Mankind is doomed.

I often tell my wife that people are devolving, degenerating into subhuman creatures unable to care for their basic needs.

Our progenitors crossed oceans on rickety boats, trekked uncharted lands to reach the far reaches of our nation, built shelter, founded settlements, fed themselves, etc...

Today's humanoid is inept, ill informed, barely literate, driven by base animalistic instincts, and depends on others to exist.

These critters have lost their way.

I thank God I'm old and won't live to see the end of the human species.

I do feel for the few "normal" humans who will be destroyed by the subhuman critters.

Our progenitors crossed oceans on rickety boats, trekked uncharted lands to reach the far reaches of our nation, built shelter, founded settlements, fed themselves, etc...

Exterminated or subjugated indigenous populations.

Truth be told, our progenitors were nasty, greedy people looking for riches and didn't care who they stepped on to get them.

Truth be told, our progenitors were nasty, greedy people looking for riches and didn't care who they stepped on to get them.

History is rarely kind or truthful regarding it's recitation of past. events

That said, I know my legacy, unlike the female who perpetrated a prevarication about her Native American heritage.

My progenitors did nothing but obey the laws, work hard, live frugally, and built great lives.

I can't say the same thing about SOME of their progeny, however. ;)

These two threads, plus one over at EL, and the associated threads at FA, are the ones that triggered my declaration of war on FA.

I'm pretty short, brusque, blunt, (etc) with people who are their own worst enemies.

(I almost wrote that I was "getting" pretty short with people, but I backed it out figuring you'd say I've always been like that.)
:p

It's a pity that there is no way a plague that singles out stupid people can't visit its wrath on this planet. The planet is overcrowded anyway. Of course, I'd catch it and be smote from this mortal coil and I'd probably have the nerve to outraged about it. Le sigh.

It's a pity that there is no way a plague that singles out stupid people can't visit its wrath on this planet. The planet is overcrowded anyway. Of course, I'd catch it and be smote from this mortal coil and I'd probably have the nerve to outraged about it. Le sigh.

This kind of discussion always brings to mind the words of Agent Smith in The Matrix:

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we... are the cure."

NO! You would NOT get the "Moron Plague"...You're wicked smart! (read with strong South Boston Accent. ;) )

Now THIS is a flipping moron! :
Possible harassment charges

Back