I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greaterwolves

I was married to BC and had to sign up for this care credit thing before a dentist would do any kindof work on our daughter's tooth. I gave the paperwork to BC and he said he would take care of it. We were separated at the time so I thought no more of it. I moved away and we divorced. Then get this call from out of the blue regarding that. BC never did anything about it. I was working at the time when I got that call and thought I would try to take care of it. I started making payments to the debt collection agency. BC died shortly afterward and then I had a stroke. I told the debt collectors that I wasn't working anymore and that there just wasn't any money left after all the hospital bills. I have since married. Now I get served papers with regard to a judgemnt. My current hubby is in no way responsible for that debt. I have no personal income. I am on his checking account to pay the household bills. How can I protect HIS money and HIS assets from an issue that isn't his..

but in a community property state, they can attach/levy/seize community property. (after judgment, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back