I am trying to figure out the best way to keep my home

Status
Not open for further replies.

pen11166

My husband and I bought our home right at the time i became disabled and drs wouldn't let me go back to work. I tried working w/the lenders letting them know the whole situation and gave them names and phone #'s of my lawyer and workman's comp board about where we stood to get my SSDI started and a comp case that my first lawyer started. Now they are taking us to court on April 25th to have us removed from our home. We feel like we are getting no where and the VA won't even deal with us anymore I have MS and everyone says don't get stressed out over this and here i am totally stressed out :( Please help. We wouldn't of had these problems if my first lawyer would have gone after the SSDI instead of telling me that we needed to file for compensation for MS/stress and getting a carpal tunnel case started 2 yrs ago

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I can say to help. The banks want and have a right to their money. Sometimes people can be dispassionate. But in this awful economy everybody is looking for the source of funds... they might not be as understanding as other times.

If you are stating that your lawyer was negligent, I'm really not sure. I don't know how much of difference at the end anything would make and whether that would even qualify as negligence.

I, too, am trying to keep my home

Is your attorney negligent if he neglects to file an Answer to Complaint for Foreclosure? Mine filed a Notice to Dismiss instead, and foreclosure is just rolling merrily along. Needless to say, I have no idea what to do now.
MARIA SALSBERG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back