Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse I am on probation for theft and I got drug tested and I think I failed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendramae89

I've been on probation for theft for 6 months now and I still have a year and 6 months left, My probation officer drug tested me and I think that I have failed. I have 2 thefts on my underage record, and an underage drinking and theft on my adult record. I am 20 years old. I took an at-home drug test and I failed for benzos. I took Valiums last week and I thought that it would have been out of my system by now. But what do you think is going to happen? Thanks

Benzodiazepine will stay in your system for 7-10 days, as far as "Extended" drug tests are concerned, which is probably what he used. Standard drug tests, like for entry level employment, dont test for Benzo's.

If you are on Probation why on earth would you take the risk of taking any drug? I'm not harping on whether or not its a moral thing, just that its not bright! You would think for 12 lousy months that you can either stay sober or admit you have a problem, don't you? If you failed the drug test there is a very real possibility that you will go to a revocation hearing and even that you might do some jail time. Do you see what I mean? I'm not just browbeating you, don't try to game the tests, just don't do drugs especially while you are on probation. 12 months with NO drugs isn't as long as 30-60 days in Jail. Think about it. Good luck.

Well here's the thing. I have SEVERE anxiety. Valiums ARE for anxiety.( I know still doesn't give me a right to take the valiums) I am on Celexa and Buspar now for my anxiety. NOTHING helps me. My boyfriend told me that it would be out of my system within 3 days so I thought that I would be okay. It was a week later that I got drug tested. Exactly 7 days. So there is probably only very small amounts in my system. I just started counseling for anxiety 2 weeks ago. My next appt is a week and a half away. I thought about tellig my P.O. about my severe anxiety. I have been to the ER about 25 times within the past 4 months. NOT NORMAL! and I am going to get papers from my ER vists, counselor and my doctor about my anxiety. And tell her I was just going through a VERY rough time at the moment and didn't know what to do. I know its not an excuse but my anxiety is out of control. I am taking more invasive measures on helping my anxiety. My next appt is 1 wk away and she is setting me up an appt with a psychiatrist. I was diagnosed with anxiety 2 1/2 years ago. But it just now started getting out of control again.

Anyway, I WASN'T taking the pills to get a HIGH. I was taking them to feel better. I thought that it would be out of my system within 3 days. This is the first time that I have EVER taken them before! I've never been arrested for drugs or anything. I only took one 10 mg on the sunday(1 wk n a half away from my appt) and one 10 mg on wed(a week away from my appt.)

Maybe, just maybe after bringing all this paperwork in to her she will understand and see that I AM getting help for my anxiety now.I WASN'T trying to get high. I'm going to tell her I am willing to do weekly drug tests. I'll do anything, I have a 2 year old daughter that needs me.

I feel horrible that this has happened, I wasn't trying to get high, I just couldn't take my anxiety much longer. I didn't know what to do :(

also, I am 20 years old and I weigh 108 and I have a high metabolism so I figured it would have been out of my system by now. I'm glad I am getting help for my anxiety now, and this will never happen again. I'm just hoping my probation officer will understand that I wasn't doing this to get high. I have ACTUAL anxiety problems and my counselor can vouch for that. I have Generalized anxiety, OCD, social anxiety(agoraphobia), and hypochondria. I have severe anxiety and hopefully counseling will help.

If you have genuine anxiety get a prescription and you will be ok with the drug tests.

Well I would think that they would see exactly WHEN I was prescribed the Valiums. Don't you think? But my post still hasn't appeared. But I do have severe anxiety and I think that once I tell her I am taking measures to help with my anxiety she may just give me a second chance. I started counseling 2 weeks ago because it has gotten so bad. My next appt is a week and a half away for my counseling. I don't go to probation until March 4th. I thought about telling her I am willing to take drug tests every week and even do the sleep time. I have never been in trouble for drugs and this is my first drug test. My counselor may just understand because there will only be a SMALL, small amount in my system. And I have been to the ER about 25 times within the past 4 months and I can going to have them print out a sheet with the dates that I have been in there. I'm also going to have my counselor and doctor print out some things for me. And MAYBE just maybe she will give me a second chance.

BTW I took one 10 mg valium on the sunday before( a wk n a half before) and one 10 mg on wed(a week before). so there probably won't even be much in my system.

Let us know the results of the drug test, and very sorry to hear about your anxiety problems. Definately bring documented visits to ER about anxiety to your Probation officer. He may understand.

Just thought that I would let you guys know, I did fail the drug test however, She understood my anxiety problems and just warned me and let me go! I just went today and everything is fine! Thanks for your help!

Never Lie!

I have about ten years dealing with parole and prob officers.
I know every trick in the book and even invented a few myself!

If your using and you know your gonna pee dirty.Tell them you used.
This way,they wont arrest,they have to help you first. If you refuse help repeatadly and keep pissin dirty then our gonna go down.

If you tell them,they most likely"in my experience" will tell you,next time be clean,and wont take your urine.
They mostly wanna help you.
BUT if you got a real hardnose.... Use your own discretion.
Some p.o will burn you

But if you lie...They take it personaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back