Parole, Probation I am not a registered sex offender but on sex probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
My original charge was a sexual assault. Meanwhile I got a dui. They combined the cases to make it harder for me to fight both at once. They dropped the dui to wreckless driving. They also dropped the sexual assault to regular assault. This was with 2 months in jail and 3 years probation afterword. Now that I'm out I am on sex offender probation , even tho I am not a registered sex offender and the charge was plead down. They want me to do lie dectector tests. I have not followed any of the sex offender rules , I.e no alcohol, I sleep at my girlfriends house most of the week, and i have used social media. All of which are not allowed under these ridiculous conditions. So I can possibly go back to jail for even using this website with out permission and failing a lie test. I refused to sign the probation agreement. My lawyer tried getting an amendment to the probation with no luck. What should I do?

You've foolishly chosen to pull the tiger's tale.
I'd be more worried what the tiger will do.
Things will become harder for you, sooner or later.

What are you talking about

You've chosen to ignore your sentencing, instead choosing to serve it your way, not as ordered to do so by the court.

That's a dangerous game, just as pulling the tiger's tale is dangerous, too.

Choices have consequences.

As a judge, if any convicted defendant refused to do as I had ordered, she or he would have their probation revoked, a bench warrant would issue, and eventually room and board would be provided for the maximum statutory time allowed!!!!

I agreed to be on probation. I did not agree to be on sex offender probation. I am not a registered sex offender.

I agreed to be on probation. I did not agree to be on sex offender probation. I am not a registered sex offender.

You don't need to argue your case to me, boss, I'm just some dude on the internet.
Contrary to your assessment of things, I suspect some judge thinks differently.
As I said, good luck.

My lawyer tried getting an amendment to the probation with no luck. What should I do?

If your lawyer hasn't been able to help you, there isn't anything we can do/tell you. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back