HVAC certified prior to close and now it is not working...any recourse?

R

rgh3rgh

Jurisdiction
Colorado
We had the previous owners have the A/C and HVAC certified by a licensed technician prior to closing on our home. We are moving in and finding out that they are not working properly. We are contacting the previous owners to find out if they knew about the issue just to see if they have an easy way to fix it, but we are not expecting a remedy or even a response. We did contact the HVAC tech and we are wondering since they certified it if they have to fix it. If anybody has had the same issue please let me know, and what were your results. Thanks

What does the written certification say? Quote it word for word.

Did you do a final inspection to verify the repair before you closed?

If you didn't you might be out of luck.

What does the written certification say? Quote it word for word.

Did you do a final inspection to verify the repair before you closed?

If you didn't you might be out of luck.
"Cleaned and serviced both furnace and air conditioner. Operations of both systems are ok at this time."
This was done three weeks ago, we closed and took possession of the home a week ago.

"Cleaned and serviced both furnace and air conditioner. Operations of both systems are ok at this time."
This was done three weeks ago, we closed and took possession of the home a week ago.

That should have been your warning sign sufficient enough to not buy the crumbling house you've taken possession of recently.

Never trust the seller of ANYTHING to remediate any problem with the thing you're buying.

If what you're buying isn't perfect upon your inspection, don't sign anything, walk away from the trap.

Most sellers will say, do, or try anything to scam you.

You must always beware of the trap.

That should have been your warning sign sufficient enough to not buy the crumbling house you've taken possession of recently.

Never trust the seller of ANYTHING to remediate any problem with the thing you're buying.

If what you're buying isn't perfect upon your inspection, don't sign anything, walk away from the trap.

Most sellers will say, do, or try anything to scam you.

You must always beware of the trap.
Thank you for not answering my question. The real question is, is the tech/company that certified the HVAC liable and/or can be held for damaged, aka "fix the problem". I'm not sure if you've ever bought a home, but not even a home that is newly built is perfect, so basically you are telling me to walk away from real estate all together. If you are not going to be helpful then don't waste my time posting.

Thank you for not answering my question. The real question is, is the tech/company that certified the HVAC liable and/or can be held for damaged, aka "fix the problem". I'm not sure if you've ever bought a home, but not even a home that is newly built is perfect, so basically you are telling me to walk away from real estate all together. If you are not going to be helpful then don't waste my time posting.

I've bought many homes.
You make assumptions about others solely based upon your life.

You're free to believe whatever you choose to believe.

Have a very nice afternoon, mate.

Yeah, now I'm not answering your questions.

That free to choose, works many ways, mate.

Back