hunting accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickkoski

I was "accidentally" shot while I was on family property, by a 65 yo female road hunting for grouse on a county rd via a four wheeler. I was hit 16 times, 7 (20 ga #6 shot) pellets are still in me. Who covers her, does home owners or just her personally. she has pled guilty to a misdemeanor. The prosecutor said it is more of a negligence civil mater than criminal mater.

My vacation was ruined as I do not live there and my 10 yo son was with at the time and has nightmares of me being shot in the head because I was hit in the head and was bleeding from the ear quite a bit.

Is it worth civil action how do you quantify my pain and suffering. I thought that a lawyer would contact me if they thought it was worth the trouble.

Am I wrong?

Make a claim with her homeowners insurance, if she has any. Hire a personal injury lawyer if you don't feel comfortable doing it on your own.

How do I find out who her home owners is with is there a trick or a simple way?

I don't want to do anything until after she is sentenced Right?

Thanks for your time

Doesn't matter if you do it now, or after. I would consult a personal injury attorney. They have ways of getting the insurance information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back